Monday, December 12, 2011

Helping Others

Many people spend the holidays feeling alone or frustrated. Some feel that they haven't accomplished what they wanted this year. Others feel lonely or grief stricken over the loss of a loved one. While this time can be devastating, it doesn't have to be.

I have noticed that when I am looking inward at what I haven't done and feeling frustrated over relationships; serving others will help me remember what I'm here for. Someone once told me that the most emotional healthy people are those who are passionately involved with helping others.

I agree.

Because when you buy clothes for a family in need, mentor someone or buy a cup of coffee for a hurting friend all of a sudden what was once devastating doesn't hurt so badly. In fact, life looks brighter and more joyful. All of a sudden, your sadness can be channeled into something positive.

So take some time and figure out how to give back to someone today. Believe me, it will change your life.

"It is more blessed to give than to receive" Acts 20:35b

No comments:

Post a Comment