Friday, November 11, 2011

Sometimes You Just Have to Rap About It

Have you ever had those weeks where it just seems like everything is going wrong? Family problems, money problems, work problems all raise their ugly head. During these times a part of me longs for my elementary years when my biggest issue was choosing between a Barbie or a Strawberry Shortcake lunch box.

When the problems of an adult life grab on and refuse to let go, sometimes it’s helpful to revert back to something that makes you feel young again. I choose to break out into a rap song (even though my street cred landed somewhere along Park Avenue). It helps pull me out of myself and remember that life should be fun and adventurous. Stop caring what other people think about you. Dance around your room, sing a song, or go down the slide backwards. Try to remember all of the things that brought you joy when you were young. Being an adult shouldn’t be all about problems. Rather it should provide an opportunity to experience greater joy because we have gotten a chance to conquer setbacks. Now it’s just time to rap about what we have accomplished.

Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment